Monday, January 19, 2009

So He Can Live Through Me

i saw this statement and it made me think:

"When we define ourselves more by our personality than the Person of Christ, we've got a problem." (sorry, don't know who said it)

i am somewhat shy, and indecisive, and fearful to just put myself out there. i have dumb tendencies to gawk at my own inadequate feelings...i often feel flawed and that people are gonna notice and think i'm a weirdo and that i'm certainly not cool enough for them. i'll go ahead and admit, though, i am a bit of a dork, and i'll gladly display my dorkiness for all of dorkdom.

so, i have this personality. it's God-given, even. but i'm thinking when He looks at me, He's seeing somehting way different than what i see when i look at myself. so when i say i can't do something because i dont' believe i'm 'that type' of person, is that me saying 'No' to God. is that me deciding who He's made me to be? i imagine He's probably way more qualified to determine what i can handle. so, when i feel things moving and tugging me to act or even just think differently, but shrink away because i'm feeling shy or can't imagine doing whatever it is because that's 'not who i am"...well, maybe i'm misinterpreting who i am...because didn't i die to myself so Jesus could take over in here?

No comments: