Tuesday, January 13, 2009

My God, He Blesses Me

It seems pointless to mention how it's 2009 now and how I've neglected writing here for how many months now...the holidays were fun. Nehem had a blast. It's embarrassing how many toys a two year old can have and we even purged to make room for the new stuff. There's lots of things going on in my head about our stuff and how we follow God and what all that should look like. I'll not promise, but surely try to get those thoughts organized to be published here at some point...in addition to creating an actual look for this place and real. live. photos. oh dear.

Yesterday evening, after getting home from work, we discovered that it would benefit us much for a grocery store excursion to come to pass. So, i went...to Kroger...during the 5:00 hour with the rest of Smyrna. I'm not entirely familiar with the Kroger store for my normal grocery shopping, so i have to go down nearly every isle making certain i don't miss some essential item. One think i was sure to miss was a special treat for the husband...plain brownies. Last time i purchased brownies for him, i got some with chunks of Hershey chocolate in them...and unbeknownst to me, it also came with a package of fudge. He ended up making the brownies, so i didn't know, until later. But they turned out overwhelmingly rich, so he asked for 'plain brownies' the next time. In looking for the plainest version, i was standing to the far side of th isle as to not block traffic and a guy walks up, pushing a cart loaded with 3 young boys. He says to the boys, "Ok, guys, she said Cream Cheese Frosting. Hmm. I think we're in over our heads." He proceeded to stand in the middle of the isle looking most confused. I picked up a can of cream cheese frosting and asked if that's what he what he needed. I thought the man was gonna hug me. He told me i was cool, and that he surely would've never found it on his own, although it's clearly marked "cream cheese frosting" on the container. Then he looked at me, then his boys, then at me and said, "May God bless your life."

Why do i never know what to say when people say that to me?

So, I said, "heh, Thanks, it's no problem!"

And this bothers me. That i don't know what to say. And it's because i'm not all that great at spoken communication...too many thoughts come to my head all at once and i can't pick one to go with, so i just say something normal. i want to say: do you know Him? Like i do? because isn't that exciting/amazing/wonderful? and if you don't, won't you let me tell you about Him? (this is not likely, as i'm not typically extroverted, i'd need a lot of caffeine for that...and people would probably run away) or...just something simple like...oh, He does, with every breath, every day.

No comments: